One of the UK's leading intellectual property firms is currently seeking an experienced Trade Mark Attorney to join them on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will ideally sit between 2 and 4 years PQE, however this firm can be flexible at either end of the scale. Situated in modern offices in the heart of the City, this firm boasts a fantastic, friendly culture and truly collaborative environment.
The three main practice groups covering Trade Marks, Chemistry & Life Sciences and IT & Engineering. Our client has a strong and diverse client base - working closely with entrepreneurs, universities, SMEs, multi-nationals and legal firms worldwide. The Trade Mark team is commercially focused, motivated and proactive, and it carries out the full range of trade mark protection work, including:
* Drafting and filing - including pre-filing advice to clients, issues of registrability, drafting specifications and preparing and advising on file registrations;
* Contentious issues - including opposition and cancellation actions, infringement and anti-counterfeiting matters; and
* Portfolio management and advice.
As a Trade Mark Attorney you will use your skills to offer clear and practical advice. In addition to core responsibilities, you can choose to get involved in areas that interest you, be it business development initiatives, training and recruitment, delivering technical seminars or joining working groups to review internal procedures and propose change. You will be expected to keep up to date with legal developments in the intellectual property field, and regular team meetings are timetabled for all fee earners to share knowledge. Our client is looking for a Trade Mark Attorney who meets the criteria below:
* Qualified UK Trade Mark Attorney or a European Qualified Trade Mark Attorney;
* Qualified in 2021 or before;
* A minimum of 2 years' relevant experience;
* Strong basic skills in drafting, filing, prosecution and searching;
* Excellent client service skills;
* Commercial awareness;
* The ability to work independently;
* Excellent workload management, prioritisation and time management skills;
* Excellent attention to detail
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.