A Structured Finance & Derivatives associate at this firm is expected to be able to work on the full variety of different types of transactions that the team is involved with (as more fully set out above). At any time, this will involve working as a team to advise some of the largest asset managers, corporates, funds and financial institutions in the world including Apollo, Barclays, Blackrock, Carlyle, Deutsche Bank, GSO Blackstone, Guggenheim, KKR, Lonestar, Lloyds, Oaktree and TSSP. Structured Finance associates will also be expected to be full involved with business development of the team (including assisting with the preparation of client pitches, knowledge-management and attending meetings) and may, subject to client demands, be asked during the course of their associate career to undertake a secondment (typically of around 6 months in duration) to a client of strategic importance to the team.
Specific skills/experience required
- Qualified lawyer/solicitor, with ideally between six months to 3+ years relevant PQE gained within a leading finance practice in London
- Strong track record of working on high-end complex transactions
- Excellent academics, minimum 2:1 degree
- Strong knowledge of sophisticated financing matters
- Robust, unflappable, diligent and ability to work well independently and under pressure
- Strong drafting and legal research capabilities
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Excellent with clients and strong business/client development skills as well as excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active and highly ambitious
- Trustworthy, confident and high emotional intelligence
- Team orientated and collegiate
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.