This is an exciting opportunity to manage the legal process of selling off-plan properties on behalf of large-scale residential developer clients. This role will involve working with a small team of paralegals in order to achieve effective and efficient client service.
The Residential Development Sales team acts on behalf of large-scale residential property developers, including such names as Ballymore and Galliard Homes. Generally, the department manages approximately 10,000 active files with this workload being shared across the enlarged team. Typically, developments can range from 8 to 1,800 flats.
The Team Leader may also hold responsibility for a small number of high-end client development projects including the set-up of the development documentation. You will complete the full conveyancing process over the relevant period of time in relation to the development's plots sales.
- Co-ordinating all aspects of the conveyancing sales process from end to end in keeping with client expectations and deadlines.
- Dealing with any post-completion issues.
- Manage and develop a small team of paralegals (each working on up to 100 files per day).
- Dealing directly with solicitor and client enquiries, along with any internal enquiries.
- Ensuring that up-to-date client matter schedules are maintained for both internal and external use.
- Contributing however possible to the effectiveness of team workflow, including attending departmental and other appropriate briefings to assess current and future needs.
- Ensuring an active role in all business development initiatives.
- Experience in completing end-to-end high volume residential property work.
- Previous experience in acting for large-scale developer clients.
- Previous experience in supervising and managing others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Must be comfortable in taking on responsibility and accountability for matters.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise.
- Will always strive for excellent levels of client service. Will consistently review team methods and practices in order to maintain or improve service levels as appropriate.
* Competitive salary
* 25 days annual holiday
* Permanent Health Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Interest free Season Ticket Loan
* Private Healthcare
* Pension Scheme
* Staff Introductory Scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
About the Firm
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We've also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We're proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we've come from, we are focused on where we're going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.