An AIM listed alternative finance provider is looking to appoint a Sole Legal Counsel on a part time basis. This will be their first legal hire and will be based in London. This is an exciting opportunity to carve out the role as a General Counsel as well as be involved in the operational side of the organisation. The successful candidate will have a lending background and will be able to turn their hand to a range of legal issues.
Duties will include:
To provide in-house legal advice, support and manage the legal risk, which includes:
- Providing legal advice and support in the optimal structuring, negotiation and preparation of large and/or complex contract documents for all transactions.
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictions
- Identifying and drafting agreements required to document and implement transactions, so that all legal issues are addressed;
- Co-ordinating and driving the efforts of the deal team
- Securing funding with banks and alternative providers and ensuring the documentation terms fall within the terms approved by the relevant internal committees;
- Liaising with external counsel
You will be qualified as a Solicitor of England and Wales with at least 7 years PQE. Recent banking and financing experience is essential, as is experience in Lending. An excellent understanding of English law, and the ability to draft and vet complex documentation under English law is required. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a commercial outlook.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.