Excellent opportunity for an experienced commercial lawyer to work as the first and Sole Legal Counsel for a promising tech start-up. You'll have direct contact with senior leadership, autonomy to shape the in-house legal function, and the chance to join a truly exciting journey!
They have a great UK based team working across separate functions of the business. You'll be a core member, advising and supporting across a range of in-house matters.
You'll join a fast-paced environment and support with legal issues including:
- Applying legal knowledge to a broad range of commercial engagements
- Advising the business on issues of legal risk across a wide variety of cases including agreements with developers, software providers and product subscribers
- Developing and managing contingency plans to address areas of risk
- Maintaining compliance with all relevant regulation across the business
- Supporting internal teams with issues relating to human resources, employment matters and
- Corporate governance
What they're looking for
You'll be a mid/senior level lawyer with around 5-7 PQE (as a guide). It is essential that you have extensive knowledge of commercial contracts and show the commerciality and acumen necessary of working as an in-house Sole Legal Counsel.
You'll be crucial to the success and growth of this promising tech company. You'll help shape the future of the company and have direct contact with the senior leadership team.
You'll benefit from working in a highly autonomous role that will develop your adaptability and commerciality as a lawyer.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.