My client is an award winning, global law firm with a large and long established presence in the Asia Pacific region.
In line with continued growth, they wish to recruit a Senior Practice Development Lawyer to be based in Singapore but with a regional reach.
The primary function of this role is to support the firm's established and expanding International Arbitration practice, helping to identify opportunities to develop the brand (i.e. working with stakeholders and the BD team to improve the firm's rankings in key legal directories, identifying and securing speaking / panel opportunities for senior practitioners at industry events, working with stakeholders to contribute regularly to key journeys in the arbitration arena and developing the firm's relationships and profile with key professional membership organisations).
The secondary function of the role is internal knowledge management (i.e. ensuring that existing lawyers are fully appraised on market trends and new legal developments - both substantive and procedural).
This role will appeal to existing practice development lawyers OR perhaps current practising lawyers who are looking to step away from fee earning and into a more commercial / business development focussed role.
Applications are invited from candidates who fit the following criteria:-
- strong academic credentials (minimum 2:1 or equivalent at degree level);
- at least 6 PQE (UK scale) from a reputable local or international law firm;
- a background in dispute resolution / international arbitration;
- excellent people skills and the ability to initiative and develop relationships both internally and externally;
- flexibility to undertake some regional travel;
- confident interpersonal skills and will be comfortable in a client facing / BD heavy role.
Budget for the role is fairly open but ideally in the region of SG $150,000 - 200,000 per annum (+ benefits), depending on the candidate's ability and experience.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.