For Tencent- the world's-leading video game, internet and technology company - we are currently looking for a (Senior) Legal Counsel Gaming to be based in Stockholm or Amsterdam.
Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users and is among the top ten publicly traded companies by market value. Tencent is a leading global video game company, partnering with developers such as Riot Games, Epic Games, Supercell, and Activision. Tencent is currently the 7th most valuable company in BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2020 ranking, making it one of only two non-American brands in the top 10.
Tencent is expanding internationally and is looking for dynamic and well-rounded (Senior) Legal Counsel to be a key member of a newly formed team focused on Tencent Games' international business.
About the role:
As (Senior) Legal Counsel, you will have a ground level opportunity to support international and domestic game studios in game development, advise game publishing groups as they operate in various territories, and be responsible for various international issues.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Provide advice on a wide range of legal and business matters in the areas of development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policy, governance, and publishing.
* Draft and negotiate complex international licensing agreements, distribution agreements, professional services agreements, content development agreements, and other general commercial agreements.
* Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other international laws and regulations.
* Collaborate with external counsel and other Tencent attorneys based around the world, including in mainland China, Hong Kong, EU, and the US.
* Develop creative solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
* European Master's degree in law;
* At least 3 - 10 years of similar relevant experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department, providing services to video game, technology, entertainment, or similar clients.
* Specialized knowledge of IP and commercial contracts.
* Excellent communication skills in English, any other European languages and/or Mandarin will be considered a plus.
* Love videogames.
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.