The Senior Legal Counsel, EMEA is primarily responsible for providing legal advice, counsel, and services that, among other things, ensure the company is operating in compliance with regulations throughout Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; regulatory developments affecting the business are proportionate and based on sound scientific evidence; and the company is appropriately represented vis-à-vis food safety and other governmental authorities.
Food and/or beverage industry experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working closely with the Global Regulatory Team (based in the U.S.), the successful candidate will be the lead regulatory counsel in EMEA with responsibilities including:
- Provide legal advice to Corporate and EMEA Regulatory Affairs functions regarding product claims, product formulation, product registration and certification
- Provide legal advice to EMEA Quality function
- Provide legal advice in relation to category specific regulatory issues (e.g., product formulation, product labelling, sales restrictions, excise taxes etc.)
- Represent the company in discussions with Regulators and Governmental authorities
- Represent the company as a member of various industry associations in EMEA
- Partner closely with EMEA and Corporate teams to support compliance, including anti-bribery compliance and data protection compliance
- Manage or assist in managing litigation and other legal disputes in EMEA
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on various commercial contracts including but not limited to supply of goods and services, distribution, consulting, non-disclosure, marketing, and sponsorship
- Assist the EMEA legal team in a broad range of matters including corporate, commercial, real estate, intellectual property, data protection.
If this is of interest, please apply now.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.