9 months ago
The Data Protection Counsel is part of the global legal function, and based in the London office. The attorney in this role will assist with global privacy function initiatives such as privacy awareness, accountability, and compliance, and will also directly support the business regarding privacy issues.
Reporting to the CPO based in the US this role holder will be responsible for;
- Fostering a data protection culture within the organization and help to develop, implement, and/or maintain essential elements of the global privacy program, such as the data subjects' rights response process, privacy impact assessments (PIAs), data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, awareness training, and notification and communication of data breaches;
- Identifying and managing risks related to data protection, and escalate data protection risks and issues as needed
- Offer consultation in relation to information security or privacy events and related remedial actions, and contract negotiations involving data protection terms; and
- Attend regular/ongoing privacy training.
- Be the main point of contact to international regulators within the region.
- 4+ years' experience handling privacy matters full time in house or at a law firm (or combination) is required.
- CIPP(E) (Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe)) preferred.
- A second language (ideally French, German, Italian, or Spanish) is advantageous but not required.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.