Our client is a leading owner, developer, operator and fund manager of first-class global real estate.
Position Overview, Reporting and Legal Team
The Senior Counsel will be primarily responsible for providing strategic and commercially-focused legal advice and support related to the firm's Eastern portfolio, including new transactions. The Senior Counsel will work with all the business functions within the regional offices located in New York, Boston and Washington, D.C. to provide analysis, advice, transaction leadership and support. (S)he should be experienced at handling all aspects of property acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, development transactions (from letter of intent to closing) and financings. She/he will also review, negotiate and draft asset level agreements. This position will be an integral part of the "deal making" process where business sense will be as important as legal acumen. This role will report directly to the US General Counsel.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of real estate related agreements, including transaction agreements and related documents.
- Provide well-reasoned and practical legal advice and counsel in a timely fashion to the legal team, business units and other senior management.
- Work closely with the legal and business teams in providing world class service to tenants, partners and investors.
- Work with and supervise outside counsel on various legal matters as appropriate.
Qualifications & Skills
- 6+ years of significant experience in commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financings and developments gained within a law firm or in-house law department.
- Must be a strategic thinker and a decisive, trusted advisor with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience negotiating and drafting commercial lease transactions.
- Executive presence required.
- Ability to successfully manage and meet deadlines within a changing, fast-paced environment while remaining cool under pressure.
- Pragmatic business acumen with the ability to recognize and advise on business consequences related to legal advice.
- Collaborative team player who works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to make decisions and operate independently with respect to complex issues and assessment of risk.
- Mature judgment and gravitas with the ability to build relationships and engender confidence across the firm, including the regional teams, senior management and other legal team members.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and an ability to convey complex legal principles clearly and concisely.
- Self-starter, with entrepreneurial approach and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.