This would be an excellent opportunity to join a well established and highly regarded in-house legal team. You will ideally be between 4-8 years PQE, having trained and qualified in a city law firm and gained commercial litigation and debt recovery experience, looking to further develop this in a dynamic in-house legal team.
Nature and Scope:
You provide legal advice in many different areas to Corporate & Governance and Legal Affairs Functions and other areas of the business as required. Articulate and persuasive you will be able to progress strong negotiating positions with internal and external partners and will relish getting involved in new and varied matters.
- Full support across all contentious matters across Customer and Corporate providing full end to end claims management, including defending claims made against the company as well as proactive claims made on behalf of the company with a focus on recovery action for non payment of energy charges.
- Attending court to represent the company and preparation of instructions to counsel.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales or Scotland.
- Experience of delivering a pro-active forward looking and business focused service
- Knowledge of one or more of commercial, litigation, debt recovery
- Confidence, enthusiasm and willingness to work in different areas of the law
- Strong, analytical, research and drafting skills
- Strong communication skills and a flexible team based approach
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.