A brand new, exciting opportunity has arisen working for a high-profile law firm. Our client, a leading U.S Law Firm in Central London is currently seeking an ambitious, capable & committed Paralegal to join them on an initial 12 month FTC within their busy Private Equity department.
The successful Paralegal will be joining one of the most recognisable brands in the legal industry. providing comprehensive support to Partners & Associates within the Private Equity team. This law firm have an incredible reputation for delivery high-quality client service, exceptional work along with attracting & developing incredible talent from the legal marketplace.
As a Paralegal working for this immense global law practice, you will be expected to undertake the following duties/responsibilities:
- Assisting junior associates and trainees with procedures that may be unfamiliar to them.
- Carrying out tasks on behalf of fee earners, freeing them from routine things which do not require legal qualification.
- Assisting the Private Equity PSL with maintaining and keeping updated the team's know-how resources, and with other training-related administration.
- Assisting the Private Equity secretaries on an informal basis
- Preparing filings for submission to Companies House.
- Carrying out company searches or assisting fee earners in carrying them out.
- Assisting trainees with compiling transaction bibles/similar.
- Maintaining matter sites (with data collected from fee earners) and PEI portal resources under direction of the PSL.
- Assisting the PSL with administrative matters related to the team's learning and development programme.
- Assisting the PSL with legal research and writing.
- Assisting other practices with PEI-related procedures (subject to time availability and the PSL's agreement).
Our client is open to considering Future Trainee Solicitors for this vacancy, however, will also look at experienced Paralegals with the following skills/experience/qualifications:
- Law Degree & LPC Qualified
- Experience gained working within a transactional area of law for another top law firm in Central London
- Experience of Private Equity - desirable but not essential
- Ambitious & committed by nature
- Good comprehension of importance of attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to change quickly.
- Able to assimilate new knowledge quickly.
- Appreciation of the confidential nature of the work involved.
If this role is of interest, please get in touch as soon as possible. Whilst this role is initially a 12 month FTC, our client will consider candidates on a 1 month notice period, and this role does have the capacity to turn into a permanent position upon completion of the 12 month FTC.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.