A leading Investment Management Organisation is looking to appoint a NQ Corporate Lawyer in London on a 6-month FTC. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global organisation and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team. The Legal Counsel will report directly into the Head of Legal and will provide support to the Legal team in a broad range of M&A matters across multiple jurisdictions.
Duties will include:
- Managing the set-up of new entities required for corporate purposes.
- Assisting with a strategic M&A transaction
- Assisting with any restructurings, as well as admission or removal of partners from certain entities.
- Co-ordinating and drafting board resolutions, corporate authorisations and ancillary documents for all the group entities.
- Reviewing legal contracts
- Managing and monitoring annual filings of the group, such as financials statement filings.
- Assisting with project management, including drafting and maintaining transaction management plans, liaising with other internal teams and handing signings/closings. For example, in relation to annual dividend distributions.
- Conducting legal research on a broad range of matters.
- Interacting with local counsels in all jurisdictions.
- Liaising with external directors and other internal departments, including COO office, finance, compliance, operations, HR and investment.
You will be a Newly qualified lawyer in England & Wales (or Commonwealth equivalent) who has completed a Corporate seat during your training contract. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.