The Essendon Football Club is one of the biggest and most successful clubs in Australian sport. Essendon is recognised for its on-field success, its stability and its pioneering work in the community, particularly with Indigenous Australians.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Legal Counsel to join the organisation in a part-time capacity. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will be a key component of EFC's corporate services team by acting as a central resource to help meet the organisation's day-to-day legal and compliance needs.
Reporting to the General Counsel & Integrity Officer key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on various commercial agreements including sponsorship agreements and supplier contracts
- Drafting and reviewing terms & conditions relating to EFC membership, competitions, promotions and events
- Review & advise on AFL agreements, rules, and regulations
- Reviewing and advising on employment agreements for staff, coaches and esports players
- Providing operational legal support and advice to the business (e.g. privacy law and Spam Act compliance and trade promotions)
- Assisting the General Counsel with regulatory requirements and issues
- Advising on ad-hoc legal issues and special projects
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- At least three years' practical legal experience (including contract review and drafting)
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to positively influence behaviours of internal stakeholders
- Ability to practically assess legal and compliance risks
- High level of integrity and respect for confidentiality
Days and hours for this position (3 or 4 days per week) are flexible and can be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
To express your interest in the role please send your CV (in word format) to Yvonne Tucker at Taylor Root firstname.lastname@example.org Taylor Root are exclusively engaged on this assignment. All direct and third party applications will be directed to Taylor Root.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.