- Newly created role due to business expansion in the region
- Play a significant role as part of a growing regional business
Our client is an established commodities player with a strong global presence across locations including the U.S., Europe and Asia Pacific.
An exceptional opportunity is now available for a junior lawyer to be part of the regional team, providing a mix of legal and administrative support on regional legal activities for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Provide legal and risk management advice to the company, its operating companies and joint-ventures throughout the region
- Implementation of legislation, policies and guidelines, in order to ensure that the companies comply with numerous and complex laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate and to minimize the legal risk.
- Responsible for the negotiation, drafting and review of various types of contracts
- Provide in-house legal advice and administrative support for all matters of business and commercial dealing, including (but not limited to) investments, divestments, financings, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Responsible for managing and supervision of external counsel
- Provide legal advice and other legal support in the area of corporate governance, other areas of law and compliance to the management.
- Assist in matters of corporate governance; supervise and ensure proper filing of corporate records
- Assist in developing training materials and deliver training to employees and vendors on corporate policies, claims and contract review policies and procedures.
- Common-law qualified lawyer with at least 3-5 years' pqe
- Proven accountability and ownership of responsibilities and managed matters
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Team player and effective manager of internal and external resources
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural trading environment including proven organisational skills and attention to detail, particularly under pressure
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.