For a fully owned subsidiary of a leading international financial group, we are currently recruiting a Legal Counsel Banking & Finance to be based at their European Headquarters in Amsterdam. It's a part-time position for a maximum of 24 hours per week.
About the role:
As a Legal Counsel Banking & Finance you will be part of the Legal & Compliance department which consists of 8 professionals. The Legal & Compliance department is responsible for effective and efficient management of all Legal, Compliance and Regulatory issues. Your tasks and responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal contracts relating to credit facilities, transaction banking, treasury/derivatives, trade finance and payment systems as well as supplier agreements. You will provide legal support, act as a sparring partner and well trusted counsel. Furthermore you will advise on a large variety of banking matters and ensure compliance with the Bank's rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Master degree in Dutch (corporate) law;
- Between 3 and 5 years of relevant work experience, for example in a banking section of a renowned law firm or in a transaction team of a bank;
- In-depth knowledge and work experience in banking transactions, knowledge of other banking related topics such as ISDA is strongly preferred;
- In depth knowledge of principles and practice of Dutch and European banking law and regulatory rules would be an asset
- Able to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, proficient in Dutch;
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.