A leading Global Asset Management Group is looking to appoint an Asset servicing and Digital Lawyer in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team.
You will work with other lawyers in the EMEA Legal department, and jurisdictional specific lawyers, to deliver a high standard of legal advice. You will have responsibility for global custody documentation and certain depositary issues, settlement and ancillary matters across different markets and asset classes.
Duties will include:
- Global Custody and Depositary Agreements and associated documentation;
- Advise and prepare documentation in relation to internal and external outsourcing
- Strategic project and product development work;
- Assisting the business on regulatory issues where necessary
- Instruction and management of external counsel (including assistance with analysis and collation of advice from such counsel);
- Providing timely advice and assistance to the business, risk and compliance partners;
- Assistance with the development of formal training sessions for business colleagues on relevant topics, e.g. documentary standards/policies/market industry issues/legal issues; and
- Supporting knowledge sharing within the legal team.
You will be a qualified Lawyer with at least 4 years PQE a background in custody or custody intensive businesses. Working experience of custody and market infrastructure arrangements, Knowledge of applicable local and EU legislation and regulation; and regulatory knowledge including CASS, AIFMD, UCITS, MIFID is essential. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. A flexible and adaptable working style is required.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.