Sydney, New South Wales
almost 1 year ago
An opportunity for a corporate advisory or commercial contracts lawyer to take a Legal Counsel role and join a major energy business in either Sydney or Melbourne and provide advice and direction to the corporate affairs division.
A great career opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to work in a major energy business in a corporate environment with corporate advisory and commercial experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal team in Sydney or Melbourne. This leading company is looking for a commercial lawyer to support the wider business and senior stakeholders.
You will have gained commercial contracts and/or corporate advisory experience as a lawyer with a solid foundation and training in private practice, and potentially some in-house experience. You will have gained 5-10 years' experience in general corporate and commercial matters. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Corporate and commercial transactional work including joint ventures.
- Negotiating, drafting and providing advice in relation to corporate and commercial arrangements.
- Provision of strategic legal advisory services, providing high quality, appropriate legal advice to the business and key stakeholders.
- Legal project management.
- Maximisation of the legal services value add.
- Significant corporate/commercial experience in the Australian market with 5-10 years post-admission experience.
- Dispute resolution and litigation.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic and professional manner.
- Quality experience (in private practice and/or in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a commercial setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV (in word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.