This would be a fantastic opportunity for a 6-10 PQE broad corporate/commercial lawyer, who is looking for an autonomous role in a FTSE 100 business, but also working for a small and innovate subsidiary, within the business. This role will act as Lead Counsel for the newly acquired business, and join the business executive team. The role will report in the interim into the Managing Counsel, with a dotted line into the CEO and will work very closely with the exec board. It will be a highly strategic role, offering commercial and legal advice to the CEO, whilst helping to integrate the business, including standardising templates and ensuring the business is compliant.
This role would suit someone who is excited about working in a relatively unknown area, within the energy space and who is confident in their ability, robust, can work autonomously.
- Lead and responsibility for supporting on all legal and compliance matters;
- Support the integration of the new business, and lead on the delivery of the legal integration plan;
- Lead on a legacy contracts review and due diligence, and create standard T&Cs/ contract templates and contracting tools for business
- Identify and assess legal issues and risks affecting the business and its various strategic growth options, recommending effective legal strategies for the management of such issues and risks;
- Support the negotiation and drafting of complex and innovative commercial transactions and documents that are part of the businesses portfolio including general commercial agreements, joint development agreements, procurement contracts, leasing agreements, polar agreements and agreements with local authorities;
- Work with other experts within group legal and other functions within the wider group generally to ensure appropriate mitigation of risk and management of legal issues impacting the business; identify and provide or arrange training on commercial and E&C areas deemed necessary and appropriate;
- Provide legal support on new growth options and contracts, develop a contracting strategy and approach so new/extended relationships are on a risk appropriate basis
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.