Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing all legal aspects of separate accounts and fund lifecycle including launch (preparation of all offering and governing documents) and operation (including negotiation of material contracts and letter agreements with investors).
- Leading legal negotiations with clients, financial institutions and service providers on multitude of legal and commercial issues.
- Advising with respect to U.S. legal and regulatory developments.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic team player with excellent communication, project management and stakeholder management skills capable of deftly dealing with sophisticated investors and large financial institutions all of which may make competing demands on time and terms.
- Admitted to practice law and in good standing in the State of New York and/or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- 2-4 years practicing with top-tier hedge fund and/or private equity practice; experience with investor negotiations of investment management agreements and side letters a definite benefit to candidacy.
- Advanced expertise with U.S./non-U.S. fund and separate account structures and U.S. legal/regulatory issues and their impact on alternative investments.
- Adept in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to adapt to shifting deadlines with focus on key requirements and client service.
- Excellent organizational skills required to handle large number of matters simultaneously and a significant number of documents.
Highly motivated and able to show initiative
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.