This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Reporting to the Head of Legal - Technology, you will provide legal advice and support in relation to core broadcast systems and services that are critical to getting their channels, content and services on screens. Working closely with the Head of Legal - Technology, and senior stakeholders in M&E Technology and M&E Operations.
This is an important role, supporting high-value, high-complexity and high-criticality broadcast infrastructure contracts.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate contracts across the broadcast infrastructure supply chain including: managed network, technical and contribution services; playout services; and distribution, coding, multiplexing and transmission services (as applicable) across network platforms (DTT, satellite, cable and the internet).
- Provide legal advice and support in relation to existing, long-term broadcast infrastructure contracts.
- Support with contractual obligations to other licence holders in relation to such contracts.
- Support with other contracts for tools and technologies procured by M&E Technology and M&E Operations.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders from across the business (e.g. M&E Technology, M&E Operations, Procurement, Cyber Security, Privacy, Regulatory Affairs, Insurance and other Legal & Business Affairs teams) to draft, negotiate and advise on such agreements and to support with interdependent projects.
- Ongoing review of standard Legal documentation and processes.
- Continuously develop best practice and constantly seek ways to improve legal governance, contract management and risk management for broadcast infrastructure matters.
- Proactively manage external law firms in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage the internal approvals process for execution of contracts.
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships across the business internally and externally to ensure a 'joined up' approach to the provision of legal services.
- To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Significant post qualification experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of broadcast infrastructure contracts.
- Previous in-house experience.
- Subject matter expertise - a deep and broad understanding of the television broadcast industry.
- Demonstrable success fostering and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts both internal and external to the business.
- Experience of working in a deadline driven environment and managing input from multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of advising on privacy issues, intellectual property and regulatory (e.g. Ofcom) matters preferred.
- A commercially-minded and solution-oriented lawyer.
- A lawyer with excellent drafting, negotiation and organisational skills, who is able to handle a substantial volume of transactions simultaneously and prioritise among multiple urgent, complex projects or matters.
- An exceptional team player who can command respect at all levels of the business areas they support.
- An excellent communicator who can develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with various teams.
- An understanding of commercial and strategic drivers for the businesses.
- Willingness to support others while managing a demanding workload.
If you are interested in discussing this position in more detail and have the relevant experience required, please apply now.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.