A new opportunity now exists for a transactional lawyer to join a high performing and global management consultancy's in-house legal team.
In this role, you will be working with an international legal team across New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. This position is based in Melbourne, and you will be responsible for their Australian division.
You are an ambitious Australian lawyer who has at least 7 years PQE. You have commercial contracts expertise. You may have gained this in a top-tier or international law firm working on Corporate M&A transactions or IT/ Projects documentation, or you may already be in-house, perhaps in a professional services organisation.
In either case, you enjoy building client relationships and are not afraid to go out there and build your profile.
- Drafting, developing, reviewing and negotiating complex consulting agreements and other contracts for various types of the organisation's clients
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for equity arrangements
- Working with external counsel to ensure regulatory compliance for capital initiatives
- Identifying best practices to address legal issues impacting the organisation's business, including internal risk policies
- Developing training materials to share knowledge across the legal team
- At least 7 years of experience drafting and negotiating engagement contracts/letters including indemnity provisions; experience with outsourcing business contracts a plus
- Experience drafting complex provisions relating to performance-based fee arrangements and/or other complex commercial arrangements (e.g. equity arrangements, M&A agreements involving earnout provisions)
- Team player who is highly collaborative and flexible and a great communicator
- Ability and willingness to take on new, unexpected and challenging assignments and deal with ambiguity to see projects through to completion.
- Strong academic record
Should you be interested in discussing this position or discussing your in-house ambitions more generally, please get in touch with Annabelle Crowe at Taylor Root.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.