My client at FTSE 50 business with over 200 years of expertise in its sector is searching for an experienced Group Director of Privacy to join its Corporate HQ in London.
The successful candidate will be the subject matter expert for all data protection advice across the Group, working closely with Corporate HQ and Divisional Stakeholders, including the Senior VP & General Counsel for Ethics & Compliance and the General Counsel for Business Information Services. You will be responsible for the continuation of the Group's GDPR compliance programme. You will also act as Data Protection Officer for European entities and may also be required to act as Data Protection Officer for our German operations.
- ESSENTIAL: previous experience of leading and managing a global data protection compliance programme.
- ESSENTIAL: in house experience (whether through secondment or otherwise) outside of a law firm or professional services environment.
- ESSENTIAL: extensive knowledge of the GDPR framework.
- Evidence of stakeholder management at senior and/or executive level of organisation.
- Experience of advising internal / external stakeholders around data protection questions, risks and issues.
- Experience of working with data protection authorities and works councils.
- Must drive results - must be able to deliver incrementally in a complex and sometimes challenging environment.
- Able to take on the challenge of "greenfield" development for certain aspects of compliance programme.
- A motivator and a leader - able to pull together cross functional resources to get the job done.
- Excellent influencing and collaboration skills - must be able to build and leverage relationships across Divisions and at Group level.
- "Can do" approach - must relish the challenge of delivering results with "lean resources".
- Ideally educated to Degree Level.
- Significant experience in privacy and data protection.
- Legal qualification and significant post qualification experience in data protection / privacy OR CIPP accredited (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 7+ years of privacy and data protection related experience, majority of which spent in-house.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.