Our client is a global leading chemicals MNC specializing in the agricultural field. They are looking for a seasoned Intellectual Property professional to join their regional HQ in Singapore. This is a high visibility role up to the CEO with a significant level of autonomy and legal decision making power. Reporting into the Global General Counsel with immediate direct reports.
Role & Responsibility:
- Patent enforcement, litigation and implementing/improving global strategy along with business stakeholders.
- Liaising with global and regional teams to ensure initiatives and strategies are consistent.
- Key decision maker in choosing the panel of external lawyers on litigation in key geographies.
- Keeping business stakeholders up to date on latest developments and case progress.
- Working with R&D scientists to investigate and protect patent developments.
- Qualified patent attorney with a technical degree, ideally in chemistry.
- 8+ PQE gained from either law firms or in-house capacity, preferably both.
- Proven experience in monitoring, investigating and challenging patent rights through litigation in an international setting
- Effective communication skills, turning complex legal issues into plain English to explain to non-legal stakeholders
- Sound legal judgement with demonstrated success in an international collaborative cross-cultural environment
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.