For our client, Fugro, we are looking for a Global IP Manager to be based at their global headquarters in Leidschendam. Fugro is the world's leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Adopting an integrated approach that incorporates acquisition and analysis of Geo-data and related advice, Fugro provides solutions. With expertise in site characterisation and asset integrity, clients are supported in the safe, sustainable and efficient design, construction and operation of their assets throughout the full life cycle.
Employing approximately 9000 talented people in 61 countries, Fugro serves clients around the globe, predominantly in the energy and infrastructure industries, both offshore and onshore. In 2020, revenue amounted to EUR 1.4 billion. Fugro is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
The Global IP Manager will manage a small team (2 team members) and will report into the General Counsel.
About the role:
This role is responsible for the protection and management of Fugro's intellectual property (IP), as well as the global IP strategy and the communication thereof to all levels of the organisation. An affinity for, experience with and understanding of the legal, commercial, and technical fields is required. Deep understanding of the value of IP as an intangible asset is mandatory. Good communication and relationship-building skills are needed to connect with the global and regional organisations. Ingenuity and adaptability in providing support to the business in any IP-related field.
Your responsibilities will include IP strategy development and implementation, harvesting technical inventions, IP infringement and advising about IP agreements, trademarks and organisational IP processes. You will collaborate with e.g. innovation Business Partners, Regional Legal Counsel, Global Business Line Directors, Chief Scientists, Regional Innovation Directors and external patent attorneys and trademark agents.
- Strong educational background with a Master degree in Business, IP Law, Innovation and/or Engineering;
- 7 to 10 years' relevant working experience of which several years in a strategic/managerial role;
- Deep IP understanding and experience;
- A previous experience within the same or related industry (i.e. energy services) or in more broadly industrial companies would be appreciated but is not a pre-requisite;
- A proactive trusted business partner of unquestionable integrity and who is immediately credible and accepted at all levels of the organisation. Able to effectively influence and secure 'buy-in' from colleagues;
- Detail oriented and able to understand complex (technical) engineering;
- Fluency in English.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.