A rare opportunity now exists for a senior commercial lawyer to establish and lead the legal & risk function at an organisation that is undergoing an exciting transformation.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the General Counsel will provide expert senior-level counsel to the Board, management and commercial teams within the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal support and advice to all business units on legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Building and maintaining effective, constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Leading a business-wide project to establish procedures to manage compliance within the organisation.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Acting as the Company Secretary, including supporting Board requirements, drafting meeting minutes and resolutions and maintaining registers.
- Advising the CFO on legal issues arising in connection with the corporate structure and external finance facilities.
- Supporting the CEO in managing relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Establishing and leading the Risk function, with responsibility for designing and monitoring a business-wide risk management framework, supporting the Board Audit and Risk Committee, internal audit procedures and other risk deliverables.
- Providing leadership and training to c. 2-4 direct reports.
- Engaging, briefing and managing external counsel.
- Actively keeping up-to-date with relevant legal and regulatory changes.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a minimum of 12 years PQE with significant experience in a major law firm and/or experience in a large corporate or government in-house role. You will have a high degree of commercial acumen coupled with strategic leadership capability. You will also bring exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and will be confident managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for the right person to make their own mark and establish and lead the in-house legal and risk function, developing processes and systems to support to the organisation. It requires a strong technical capability that is balanced by a pragmatic, empathetic, collaborative and outcomes-focused approach.
To express your interest in this position please submit your CV to Tim Fogarty or Shobana Richmond at Taylor Root email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications anticipated only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Taylor Root are exclusively retained on this role. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Taylor Root for consideration
If you are interested in this role, please contact Shobana Richmond on 03 8610 8400 or e-mail email@example.com. For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.