A leading international investment bank is currently looking to recruit a talented fund finance lawyer to join their team on a 12 month contract. It is highly likely that this position could also become a permanent hire in the team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, you will be involved in:
- Building and establishing a strong role on the Fund Finance Desk and provide both formal and informal training on relevant legal aspects across different jurisdictions and business focuses
- Assess, monitor and manage the legal risk being run by the Fund Finance Desk (as well as those other parts of the Bank this role supports) and report legal risk in accordance with the Bank's risk reporting requirements from time to time
- Assist in the structuring of new transactions and strategies being undertaken by the Fund Finance Desk and the wider global fund finance business (including SA, Mauritius, New York and Australia)
- Assist and participate in the Fund strategy group
- Help to develop and maintain appropriate best practice guidelines for the Fund Finance Desk from a legal risk and transaction management perspective
- Actively offer coaching and develop coaching and mentoring channels with the Fund Finance Desk, the global fund finance team and the internal legal community
- Help to maintain and develop world class legal risk management procedures across the Fund Finance Desk and the global fund finance business
- Actively engage as a member of the Bank's wider legal team, including attending legal team meetings, training sessions and other legal team requirements
Ideally you will be UK or common law qualifies lawyer with at least 5 years' PQE in the areas of fund or leverage finance. You will also have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
For more information or to apply please contact Penny Parker at Taylor Root on 0207 332 9586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref No. 1046712PP
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.