If you are passionate about cars and have a strong background in Financial Services Law, this could be a fantastic opportunity. You should have ideally been trained at a top 20 city law firm and be between 4-6 years PQE, with proven experience in FS law, insurance and consumer credit.
Reporting to the General Counsel in a highly regarded legal team your responsibilities will include:
- advising the Group's companies in the UK & Ireland on all legal and regulatory matters related to their financial services activities including provision of consumer credit and hire, credit broking, insurance distribution and data protection.
- in particular:
- advising on legal and regulatory compliance of new finance and insurance products;
- reviewing and approving advertisements and financial promotions;
- advising on the compliance of customer processes and individual customers' agreements and complaints;
- advising and working closely with the Compliance departments.
- advising on appropriate levels of regulatory risk in line with Group policy.
- acting as the Legal Department's representative in significant and complex, commercial projects and transactions, including providing legal advice, guidance, tactical direction and support whilst taking into consideration the broader effects for the Group and its goals.
- pro-actively identifying regulatory and other legal risk within the Group, ensuring timely and appropriate reporting of the same; providing advice, guidance, direction and support to provide ethic mitigation of such risks.
- advising the Group's financial services companies on competition law.
- within your scope of responsibility, informing the Group companies, their directors, approved persons, senior management and employees of relevant changes in the law; raising awareness of relevant legal issues and risk;
- pro-actively identifying and providing targeted regulatory training, to directors, approved persons, senior management and other colleagues;
- creating associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders;
- dealing with regulators, industry bodies, external counsel and customers including the FCA and the Finance and Leasing Association.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.