My client a major Pensions and People Consultancy seek a European Privacy Leader. This role is a part of the global Privacy team within Legal & Compliance, supporting oversight of matters relating to Data Protection and Data Privacy in the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe.
- Serves as a senior member of the Global Privacy Office supporting strategic enhancement of the Global Privacy Framework and the development, execution and oversight of global Privacy compliance strategies
- Drives Privacy compliance strategy and strategic priorities for PI in alignment with the Global Privacy framework
- Develops privacy policies and processes in cooperation with the Global Chief Privacy Officer
- Supports strategic and tactical Privacy program special projects and presentations
- Serves as Deputy EU DPO in conjunction with the group EU DPO
- Provide advice and guidance to the business, project and digital teams with regard to the use, collection, storage and deletion of personal data, including with respect of Data Subject Access Requests
- Drives alignment and consistencies across the global privacy programme
- Qualified Lawyer, ideally 4+ years advising on privacy
- Expertise in national and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR. IAPP CIPP/E or similar would be advantageous.
- Excellent academics and training.
- Ideally some line management or mentoring experience
- A proven track record in privacy programme management or other change management process.
- Excellent soft skills - the ability to develop strong relationships with other members of the legal team and our business partners is essential.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.