For Banijay, the worlds largest international content producer and distributor, we are currently recruiting an experienced Ethics & Compliance Counsel. Banijay is home to over 120 production companies across 22 territories, and a multi-genre catalogue boasting over 88,000 hours of original standout programming. The group represents some of the biggest brands, such as Peaky Blinders, Big Brother, Wallander and Temptation Island.
The Banijay Central Legal team is located in both Paris and Amsterdam. They are a hands-on team supporting a wide range of corporate matters across the world. The Legal team focuses on providing robust business-oriented advice and support on global legal, compliance and regulatory matters, being an essential business partner supporting central management, central teams and local teams within the Banijay footprint.
About the role:
For the corporate legal team in Amsterdam, our client is looking for an enthusiastic Ethics & Compliance Counsel with a strong moral compass who helps the business to stay on the right path. You will have the unique opportunity to further build and shape the compliance function and ensure adherence to and meeting regulatory obligations and legal requirements.
As part of the day-to-day business, you will be leading various global compliance initiatives and implementation projects across the group, including:
* Identifying key risk areas for the business and determining adequate mitigation measures
* Drafting and reviewing Banijay compliance policies
* Setting up new and reviewing existing e-learning training modules
* Providing in-person training to employees on ethics and compliance requirements and key policies
* Advising local teams on ethics and compliance requirements
* Oversight and investigations
* Setting up a compliance community within Banijay
* Continuous privacy / GDPR compliance efforts, including maintaining the register of processing activities, workshops etc
* Collaborating with the Risk function to assess and follow up on risk areas
* Working with cross-functional teams on awareness and automation
* A master's degree in law
* At least 5-7 years PQE and demonstrable expertise in international compliance laws and regulatory practices, including designing and rolling out training modules
* Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to translate legal requirements into practical business solutions
* Excellent verbal and writing skills in English. French is a plus
* A commercial mindset with international focus
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.