The Derivatives & Structured Finance team within the International Capital Markets group is widely recognised as a leader in the markets in which it operates. Legal 500 and Chambers both rank us as a top tier practice and the group regularly wins awards itself and for the deals in which it is involved.
In a rapidly changing legal and regulatory environment, we are considered thought leaders in the market, at the forefront of structuring increasingly complex and innovative transactions. The group has expanded over the past few years and has a positive outlook for future growth. We are regularly engaged in transactions in the UK, across the rest of Europe, the US, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking to recruit junior and mid-level transactional lawyers. We are looking for individuals who are keen to expand and complement their existing skills and experience by working on a range of structured funding, liquidity, capital and arbitrage-driven transactions, involving capital markets and derivatives technology
Although we are seeking applicants who ideally would have some experience in structured derivatives and/or capital markets transactions/ISDA documentation more generally, the Derivatives & Structured Finance team is home to many lawyers who have previously worked in a wide-range of disciplines and accordingly we welcome applications from those who may currently be based within General Finance, General Capital Markets, and Structured/Project Finance or Real Estate finance. Therefore, previous derivatives and structured finance experience, although desirable, is not a pre-requisite - more important is the ability to demonstrate strong legal, analytical, transaction execution and creative problem-solving skills, as market-specific skills and experience can be developed in the collegiate team environment as part of the role. The role will involve considerable responsibility and client contact with outstanding support from a well-developed training and support network.
We can offer you a competitive salary package and unrivalled training and development opportunities along with the support of one of the leading finance practices in the world.
Role and responsibilities
- Advise on generally large scale derivatives and/or structured financing transactions, acting for deal participants by advising on, structuring, documenting, negotiating and managing the execution of the transactions
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Providing strategic guidance to clients
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Legal research
- Qualified lawyer 1-4 PQE
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Sound experience of operating at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
Who we are looking for
- Strong legal and analytical skills
- Proven prioritisation, organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and style with both clients and fee-earners
Proactive and confident with a high level of initiative
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.