My client, a top tier financial institution is looking for a Data Engineer/Data Analytics to join their team. The role sits within the First line Risk Department, a front office risk management function. Specifically, the role is embedded within the Innovation and Change team. This team is composed of talented multi-disciplinary people which diverse and unique range of critical responsibilities.
The Innovation and Change team is in charged with researching, developing, implementing the risk methodologies, as well as coordinating the change with stakeholders and IT. Other responsibilities include supporting default management readiness, identification of operational efficiencies, building tools and analytics across the Business area. The Innovation and Change team is able to leverage on its own technology stack and set of tools to achieve its objectives, which include the following: dedicated R runtime environment (R Studio server, R Shiny server), MongoDB, Qlik Sense, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Confluence, Unix (and Windows) servers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about a unique business within the finance industry. Although this role focuses on the engineering aspects, members of the team are encouraged to learn and gain knowledge beyond their role. Weekly presentation sessions are organised for/ and by the members of the department to either share knowledge, provide update on ongoing key topics, or as brainstorming sessions.
- Works with system owners to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules
- Develop and maintain R Shiny applications
- Actively engage in introducing standards, improving practices, and training others.
- Participate in architecture and solution design (including backend considerations)
- Project Management support
- As the team is in charge of administrating its own technology stack, the candidate is also expected to be involved with those aspects.
- Demonstrable work experience in R and R Shiny
- Hands-on experience in building data (pre) processing flows/ solving data issues
- Autonomy, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of MongoDB is an advantage (commercial or personal project)
- Good conceptual/ technical knowledge of modern IT infrastructure stack
- Ability to write production-ready code
- Able to work under high pressure
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and pay close attention to details
- Excellent team player
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.