We are seeking a Senior Associate to join the leading Band 1, award-winning Corporate group in Sydney. This position can be based from any of the firm's Australian offices (Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney or Perth).
Working closely with leading partners, you will have exposure to some of the best and highest profile deals in Australia as well as cross-border transactions.
Your day could typically involve
- Being involved in all aspects of corporate ECM and M&A transactions, including privatisation work and corporate reconstructions for listed companies. This will include drafting and negotiating key transactions documents and managing external client relationships.
- Working closely with other legal teams across the firm to deliver an integrated service to our clients.
- Acting as lead associate on ECM and M&A transactions, including drafting and negotiating key transaction documents and providing advice on areas of legal risk for clients
- Project managing transactions to ensure that key deadlines are met, including working closely with other legal teams across the firm to deliver an integrated service to our clients as well as working closely with other advisers on transactions
- Managing and building external client relationships, including assisting with business development activities for key existing clients and new clients
- Mentoring junior associates in the team, and assisting with providing training to junior associates both in the team and across the firm
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a current unrestricted Australian (or New Zealand) legal practising certificate.
- strong legal skills, coupled with a high degree of commitment and practical mindset
- 4 - 8 years of legal practice experience which includes demonstrable experience in equity capital markets, M&A (public and private) and/or corporate reconstructions, preferably in the Australian market
- proven technical expertise in ensuring compliance with evolving regulatory practices
- a proactive approach and desire to be an integral member of our leading and supportive team
- an ability to work to tight timeframes, collaboratively and at times autonomously
- an eagerness to create an exceptional experience for our clients and value empathy, simplicity and commerciality as we do.
What we offer
The opportunity to partner with prestigious and high growth clients based in Australia and globally on some of the largest, most strategic and most complex matters, and develop deep expertise across a range of sectors, as well as opportunities to collaborate on cross-border matters with their global network. We also encourage your involvement in our various networks, pro-bono legal offerings, learning and development initiatives and innovation groups such as Innovation 10 and our Digital Law Group.
We recognise that the success of our business and our client's businesses relies on the skills, knowledge and ideas of all our people. We are dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for our clients and we value empathy, simplicity and commerciality.
People join us to develop their careers and themselves. To support this we provide contemporary tailored learning programs, regular career conversations and a culture of feedback.
Our client has been recognised as having the leading Equity Capital Markets and public and private M&A team in Australia and are consistently ranked as a leading firm in this area when measured against international benchmarks. Our award-winning team covers the full spectrum of work from IPOs and secondary offers to hybrid transactions. With extensive experience in Australia's landmark equity and hybrid capital raisings and domestic and international capital markets funding, the firm's award-winning team is committed to ensuring outstanding outcomes for their clients.
This team advises many of the largest and most ambitious organisations across all major regions of the globe. Operating from their global network of offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and North America, our client is at the heart of the new global business landscape providing premium quality, full-service legal advice.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra Starke:
D: 02 9236 9076
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.