7 months ago
Our Practice Area
Drawing on a global breadth of knowledge and experience, we support major multinationals and leading corporations, banks, private equity funds and other visionaries to execute their largest, most complex multijurisdictional transactions. Combining deep local market knowledge with specialist expertise across the full spectrum of legal areas and business sectors, we have been involved in some of the largest and most high-profile M&A transactions worldwide, and numerous market 'firsts'.
As an associate in our practice, you will be working in an exciting working environment, handling challenging, time-sensitive deals that demand a cool head and positive mindset. From the moment you join, you will be interacting with multidisciplinary teams from across our international offices and practice groups, from Tax and Intellectual Property to Private Equity, Real Estate and Commercial Litigation. As well as learning from leading practitioners within our own group, you will therefore also be ideally placed to integrate yourself within the firm's wider global network.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Advising on public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments and corporate restructurings, as well as the corporate elements of equity capital markets transactions.
- All areas of English law corporate work for leading international and domestic corporate clients, including transaction management, drafting of relevant documentation, providing general corporate law advice and undertaking and/or coordinating legal due diligence.
- Developing business relationships with the firm's existing clients, as well as assisting partners and more senior associates with winning new business.
- Pro-actively keeping abreast of relevant legal and regulatory developments and advising our clients as to the impact of those developments.
- Conducting and overseeing legal research and analysis.
- Providing education, training and mentoring to more junior associates.
- 3-5 years post qualification experience in a top ranked corporate practice
- Experience working on cross border transactions M&A transactions in the emerging markets
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- Commercial and business awareness
- Ability to see the big picture
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
- Excellent drafting skills
- Good understanding of the key risks and issues involved in cross-border transactions
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.