For a global multinational commodity trading company with a focus on the agricultural sector, we are currently recruiting a Compliance Officer ABC to be based in Rotterdam.
About the job
The Compliance department consists of the Compliance Officers (subject matter experts in sanctions, data governance, anti-money laundering, KYC, third party due diligence, whistleblowing and compliance monitoring), the Compliance Assistants and the Regional Compliance Officers (located in field offices). For this position, we are looking for someone who:
* Owns the ABC compliance program and performs the role of subject matter expert for ABC;
* Developing and rolling-out of corporate policies in the ABC field (e.g. Code of Conduct, Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy, Third Party Due Diligence, Conflicts of Interest, Gifts and Entertainment)
* Developing and providing training to the business and raising awareness regarding ABC related matters
* Providing advice to the business units regarding day-to-day compliance related matters
* Create controls around adherence to policies
* Performing (enhanced) due diligence
* Responsible for managing and training junior compliance officers and compliance assistants
* Interacting with other control function personnel, and the employees and management in all lines of the business
* Conducting and guiding corporate investigations
* Developing and executing a compliance monitoring program for the Viterra group globally
* Keeping abreast of regulatory developments as well as evolving best practices in the ABC field
* At least 5 years of experience in a similar function (ABC compliance);
* A legal, auditing or similar background
* Fluency in English (spoken and written), additional language is a great asset;
* A good general knowledge and understanding of the commodities industry.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.