Our Competition and Trade team handles a broad range of high-quality work including EU and UK mergers, competition investigations, competition litigation, behavioural advice and a wide range of regulatory and trade work. The team also advises extensively on public procurement matters, state aid and CMA consumer enforcement issues.
The team is currently expanding and we are looking for a motivated, ambitious associate to be based in our London office. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for competition and regulatory law and, in particular, with an interest in working closely with our highly rated Technology, Media and Lifesciences teams where we are seeing a continued increase in competition-related instructions.
Associates are encouraged to take on high levels of responsibility and client contact is encouraged. From day one your role will include business development activities within the team and across the firm's sector groups. The team undertakes a significant amount of cross-border work, cooperating on a daily basis with our international offices and the role will include travel. We are committed to investing in our team and we provide comprehensive training to develop knowledge and skills.
The ideal candidate will:
* have 2-5PQE
* have a solid background and experience in UK and EU competition law, and a willingness to learn public procurement, state aid and trade law
* have excellent communication and drafting skills - the ability to communicate succinctly is a must
* be a lateral thinker and have the ability to think on their feet
* have strong commercial acumen and and be able to provide clients with focused strategic advice
* be a collaborative and supportive team player
* seek opportunity and lead by example
* be abreast of market trends
* recognise the importance of service delivery
* have a positive attitude and drive will secure the role
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.