This is a fantastic opportunity to join a major energy company, working in their legal team focusing on offshore projects, out of their Edinburgh office. This team operates a partnering model in the delivery of renewables projects so embed themselves within project teams to be able to deliver a pro-active and commercially relevant legal service to the group.
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Experience of using construction industry standard forms such as FIDIC, ICE and NEC4.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of commercial contracts including vessel charters, grid connection, acquisitions, joint‐venture and shareholder documentation.
- Provide oversight and interaction on project finance, equity divestment, and enduring co-control shareholder arrangements.
- Support development activities, specifically land agreements, planning consent, power purchase agreements, and any other contracts spanning the full lifecycle of a project.
- Advise on the regulatory regime governing renewable energy in the United Kingdom. Monitor relevant energy consultations, reviews or developments, advising upon the impact of proposals and assisting in the drafting of responses.
- Contribute to the maintenance of key corporate and legal documentation, including precedent legal documents, data base and physical signed contracts and Group policies and procedures.
- Manage the engagement of external legal and related services, defining the scope of work and negotiating fees whilst maintaining and building on existing working relationships, manage budget and timely delivery, interface between law firms and commercial teams of the group.
- Be generally responsible for managing a variety of complex legal services and tasks, which in addition to documentation may include a variety of IP, insurance, contract management, corporate compliance and any others as required.
- Act efficiently and effectively during corporate crises in keeping the executive team informed and prepared for major events.
- Liaise with in‐house counsel in other Group offices and entities as necessary.
- An active advocate of good corporate governance.
- In supporting the risk management and oversight needs of The Group you will:
- Ensure that through proactive participation and ownership of policy development and compliance/risk management strategies, the right processes are in place to facilitate informed decisions.
- Ensure compliance with legal obligations, preserving the same through adequate documentation and a comprehensive reporting structure.
- Immediate reporting of any material non‐compliance.
- Anticipate legal/business impacts whilst providing commercially appropriate solutions to complex business issues and supporting other counsel on a day to day basis as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
To be successful within your expression of interest, you will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and/or knowledge:
* The ability to maintain a clear head and efficient manner throughout periods of increased pressure.
* Analyse legal issues and provide comprehensive and practical legal advice to all levels of management throughout the company, becoming a valued partner.
* Possess significant post qualification experience in project development and construction, operation and maintenance, and other related energy work.
* Possess substantial knowledge and experience in dealing with the laws and regulations of UK jurisdictions, particularly with regard to the energy industry and renewable project development.
* Preferably have some experience of real estate transactions (long term leases, construction leases, easements) and planning procedures.
* Be detail oriented and meticulous with efficient communication skills (both written and verbal) supported by strong legal research and drafting skills.
* Have an exemplary reputation for ethics and integrity, solid judgment and business acumen.
* Be accustomed to a fast paced working environment, acting with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines spanning multiple and complex legal projects
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.