Our client is leading the workspace revolution. Their companies help more than 2.5 million people and their businesses worldwife to work more productively by providing a choice of professional, inspiring and collaborative workspaces, communities and services.
We are working on a global search, placing a number of lawyers across the company's major legal markets - including Dallas, Texas.
- Lawyes with the skills and experience to complete leases faster and reduce external legal spend
- Reporting to the central legal team, working very closely with local developers and country management
- Ideally multi-lingual and able to cover multiple jurisdictions
- Work with landlords to ensure agreed heads of terms are converted into completed lease/management agreements in an expedient way
- Counsel the business on franchise agreements, M&A and other corporate re-organisations and lease renegotiations
- Renegotiate existing leases on more favourable terms, where appropriate
- Finance and Company secretarial support for the jurisdiction.
- Complete lease and management agreements. This includes but is not limited to amending the first draft, ensure construction is ready to start, manage review by external counsel, ensure Material Variation Report is signed off, negotiate guarantees
- Renegotiate leases where market rents have fallen
- JV and franchise partner agreements and assist management of those relationships
- Landlord/customer/supplier dispute resolution
- Manage rent reviews, lease breaks and other lease events
- Update local precedents
- As required, (re)organise and manage debt collection processes
Professional Skills & Experience
- Multi-site leasing experience is key
- Successful track record as a real estate and commercial contract lawyer with broad experience, gained in a fast-paced and high growth company.
- Commercially astute and able to manage risk
- Ability to multi-task and resolve complex matters
- Ability to cope with a high degree of ambiguity and change.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pragmatic whilst able to see the bigger picture
- Ability to work autonomously whilst consulting and keeping stakeholders informed as required
- Adaptive, personable and willing to work outside the defined scope to produce results
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.