New York, USA
Up to £175000 per annum + bonus
7 months ago
Our client is a global communications company with clients across a broad range of sectors. They are now looking for a senior commercial attorney to join their legal team in New York, helping to provide corporate and commercial advice for the group.
The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with a broad variety of work. You will have excellent experience in contract drafting and negotiation, with both law firm and in-house experience. In this role you will negotiate, review, and draft a variety of agreements, with a particular focus on advertising, media, market research and product promotional agreements. You will work closely and collaboratively with attorneys, finance, IT security, risk and account teams on a variety of matters, which might include agency law, media buying, data ownership, syndicated market research, licensing, IP matters and data privacy
The ideal candidate will:
- be a commercial lawyer with at least 6 years experience in corporate and commercial law
- have a U.S Bar qualification
- have prior in-house experience and the ability to work in a multi-layered, matrixed environment
- have broad contract drafting experience with exposure to the advertising and media world
- have the ability to work independently and manage projects with limited oversight
- a high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in work.
The team are looking for a problem solver who proactively identifies substantive issues and presents viable alternative solutions. You will serve as a business partner to the business team and in this capacity must be highly efficient and able to deal with a large volume of work, possess strong analytical skills, and be able to learn quickly.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential as is the ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.