7 months ago
Our Practice Area
The International Arbitration group is the top-ranked and largest of any firm. Our deep and varied practice sets us apart and affords our clients invaluable insight into winning strategies and arguments. We cover every jurisdiction, arbitral forum and industry sector, and work under multiple laws and in diverse languages.
The group's collective experience means that we have unrivalled knowledge of arbitrators, institutions, expert witnesses and opposing counsel. We act for global corporations, financial institutions, foreign investors and sovereign states, and we have a high number of repeat clients. They turn to us because they trust our skill, experience and reputation to achieve the best possible outcome.
Members of our team are among the top-ranked international arbitration practitioners in the world. We particularly welcome associates with fluency in multiple languages or experience of studying or working internationally. All associates can expect to progress rapidly into client-facing roles, and will contribute and play an active part from day one.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Conducting and working on International Arbitration matters.
- Drafting and reviewing legal and other documents and ensuring that our client's interests are properly represented and protected at all times.
- Attend client meetings, prepare legal memos and provide written advice to clients.
- Conduct and oversee legal research.
- Oversee work of junior associates, trainees and legal assistants and work as part of a team
- 1 year of International Arbitration post qualification experience gained in a top tier law firm
- Exposure to arbitration matters in the oil and gas industries
- Major construction and infrastructure exposure to include electromechanical experience
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
- Excellent drafting skills
- Driven by professional growth
- Strong professional presence
- Client service focus
- Team player
- Strong judgement
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.