We have a current opportunity for a AP Assistant Legal Counsel on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Hong Kong and it's regional team. For further information about this position please apply.
- Provide accurate and timely legal guidance on all matters that affect the company and its affiliates.
- Prepare, draft, and review legal documents, such as deeds, international commercial sales and purchasing contracts, mortgages, leases, and employment agreements.
- Draft and standardize agreements, contracts and other legal documents to minimize risk and maximize legal rights.
- Identify proactive solutions to eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Advise concerning international business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Set and contribute to the development of internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Master of Laws degree or above
- Solid experience in a major law firm, or equivalent in-house experience
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking English and Mandarin
- Results-oriented with strong project management and execution skills
- Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization and in multiple jurisdictions
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a global, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Office 365 programs
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.