For American International Group, Inc. (AIG), a leading global insurance organization, we are currently recruiting their Head of Legal for the Netherlands to be based at their office in Capelle aan den IJssel.
Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
About the role:
For AIG's operations in The Netherlands we are looking for a dedicated, curious, and dynamic lawyer and team-player, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and a highly entrepreneurial environment.
As the Head of Legal for the Netherlands you will advise local management and business on all legal issues including general insurance, regulatory, commercial, and other areas, and, as the sole lawyer in the country, be the internal and external point of contact for all Dutch legal matters. You will assist management, the business and support areas in delivering their objectives and preserving the legal compliance of the company with local laws and corporate guidelines.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Advising on insurance contract law and regulatory matters across business lines;
- Negotiating distribution agreements for sale of company products, including drafting/reviewing terms of business agreements, insurance mediation services, claims handling and outsourcing agreements;
- Reviewing (re) insurance policies;
- Managing non claims litigation and coordinating with outside legal counsel; Drafting, reviewing and negotiating non-insurance commercial contracts (e.g. IT/IP, supplier, intra-group, data transfer, and non-disclosure agreements);
- Undertaking legal research, developing and maintaining standard legal documentation and knowhow;
- Supporting the business on any legal issues arising from the day-to-day activities of the Dutch operations (including in the areas of data privacy, employment, general commercial, competition law, sanctions)
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with the legal and regulatory environment and framework for main areas of business focus, manage interaction with local regulators;
- Collaborating with teams, providing legal support across a highly-matrixed group organization; and
- Undertaking other duties as assigned and/or required, including providing legal support for other Benelux, EEA countries from time to time.
- Dutch qualified lawyer with at least 7 to 10 years of experience;
- Relevant experience in an (international) law firm or as an in-house legal counsel in the fields of commercial and (non-life) insurance law;
- In-depth knowledge in the field of general insurance, regulatory and commercial law;
- You are business-oriented, solution-minded and are good at analyzing and summarizing information.
- Self-starter who likes working autonomously and yet also show team spirit;
- You have the ability to adapt in a changing environment, prioritize and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- You have strong negotiation and influencing skill and you have the ability to think strategically and take initiative;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, knowledge of Frenchs will be considered as a plus;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
For more information or to apply, please contact Inge Pieters on +31 6 284 686 96 or email email@example.com quoting ref: PR/204738
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.